Thursday, 4 September 2008

Japanese Summer Festivest 2008

Last month on August (23/8/08) was the Japanese Association of Singapore(JAS) very own Summer Festivest. Each every year during the summer, the festivest starts at around 5~6 o'clock in the evening(sunset time). This last for few hours in the evening till 10~11 PM sharp at most. Sometimes, 9:30 PM is the latest to close the festivest. And this usually find in Japan during the summer. The only reason for holding this festivest is not only aim to the Japanese people who work and live in Singapore, is also to share with other Singaporeans enjoying the festivest.
Last year, I went out with one of my sisters and her friend to the Japanese school where the main festivest was held. But this year, I went alone to meet one of the friends of my sister at the school because my older sister had the birthday party to attend while my younger sister is now at the oversea for language study. Never mind about that, let's move on.
As I reached around 5 minutes before 5PM, there were alot of people quening from one point to the end of the line. As I had no ticket with me, so I joined the quene line. If I had that early, I would problemy get into the school. But, after waited for few mintures, the quene became smaller as many people went in after buying tickets so fast. OK, that wasn't bad at all. But..... the wost one comes when I joined in the line for 'Yukata' outfit!! EEK! Soooo...... many girls queuing up for the loan of 'Yukata'(more than the guys' quene, and just got their own outfit already), I just nearly drop dead. Luckily for me I had my own 'Yukata' as my birthday present early so I couldn't worry about loaning one. After waited for two hours, finally I got in for the change. By the time I got done with outfit it was around 7 plus in the evening. That was nothing time to lose so I hanged around for items, food and the games to play. I played the fishing net to catch the ball.Fishing net is one of the games feature for the Summer festivest in Japan in order to catch as many fish as you can. Only after you caught the fish into the bowl, you are allowed to bring fishes home. But in this case, I brought that mini ball back home. Following that, I played bowling pin and throw ball hold game. Just before that, I bought the Japanese chicken with rice for my dinner and a pair of cloak shoes. Later, I played the Yoyo ball(which is supposed to be diffencult to catch by just using a paper string that tied around the hook and hooking into the loop of stinges of one of the yoyos' that look like the balloon to you....) and I dropped off mine hook because of sudden break from the stinge. Well, in the end, I took yoyo back home. Then once more, I did try on my luck to play the bowling again. Still I got nothing prize for winning expect for mini gifts. During the festivest, there was raining going on that evening so the everyone on the filed had to move the indoor for the concert. Although that was nothing much for me to see, so I went round again and bought a cup of warm coffee(well I don't drink this much offen) and a stick of ice-cream(which I choosed green tea as my favour one). Later that, I met the good friend of one of my sisters with two other girls who were having mini picnic there on the dry spot so I joined them for some chit-chat. Just then, I spot the group of band that I never saw before my eyes. Although I haven't watch the band competition before so I went up to one of the band members which was their lead singer just for a small. I mean a SMALL talk. After that we had a group photo together with their friend within the background of the filed. Right after 9:30 PM, it was time for me to go home. Said goodbye to them and left for Expos by shutter bus to take MRT train which took me to the Changie Airport. I went back home in 'Yukata' outfit all the way home unlike last year(because I had to loaned that outfit for the festivest so in the end, I had to return it back before I went home)
That was fun through all festivest but only a mirror problem about the quene.... next year onwards that will be same festivest right same place at the same time but I not too sure if the outdoor stage will be there all because the bad weather these days. Hopefully, there will be more excite things coming ahead next year. ^^

No comments: