Sunday, 27 January 2008

Walk and Talk outing: Chinatown walk

Yesterday(Saturday,26/1/2008) I had the outing with the elderly at the Chinatown area for Chinese New Year.As the last day of the Walk and Talk sessions(WaT) so we brought them to there by bus from the PeaceConner centre.
But as for meeting time at 2:30PM, I missed the train from the Hougang MRT and I was late for the meeting in almost 10 mintures.And I still mangered in time before the department time(which was at 3PM).Anyway, we had a short breath through before panther the elderly first. Later, we had the group photo to be taken before we went to the bus.
This trip took us for awhile to reach the Chinatown from the North Bright as we took the shorter road line.During the trip, we were excited about the Chinatown especially the elderly were quite excited at all.
At last, we had reached the Chinatown. There were soooo..... MANY people down there!! Oh my gosh!! I hoped that we didn't get into that kind of over crown.... 0_0;; I remember that I was told that there were many people there to buy somethings for the Chinese New Year so we had to be in two groups by groups. Since we had the elderlies with us, we took care of them very caution not let them walk on their own.And also we had to take care our bags and their bags as well. Once we drop off from the bus, we had to go into the market liked tent area.I went following the rest of the groups together with the elderlies from one place to the another for the first of one hour. Besides, we went difference places to see items and also interesting places that were selling off, like shoes, clothes, deco items and ever food to eat too!
After a long walk, one of the volunteer and I had to bring both elder ladies for their teatime rigth at the coffee shop.I bought for her a cup of tea, while another had to buy a cup of coffee with bum for another old lady. And both of us just drunk of plain water. Later, volunteer told me that we had to bring them to CK store for the shop so I fine within and went there with them.As we entered the store, we went to downstairs to see what the elder ladies would want.The pair had gone to the one section to buy something, I brought the elderly to the shose section to find her new shose.But.... she didn't find what she wanted and asked me to go back and look for them. By the time we looked for them, eh..... I didn't see them at all. They must gone somewhere out there and I thought that they had gone back on their own so it was best that we wouldn't stay that long now.I went up with her and then exited from the store to go back to the bus.I knew how we came from so I had to trail back to the enterce area. By then, we saw other volunteers and other elderlies all at the stage area.
Before departure, I went quickly to buy some sarcks to eat. After that, I went back and took the short cut back the stage area. Later, we had group photo again on the stage once more before we were leaving back by bus. On the way back then, we were giving the oranges to elderlies and some volunteers were also giving the gifts to them too.Once we reached back the PeaceConner, it was time to say goodbye to the elderlies before we stayed back for the vidoe shot.
Uh....... we were told that we had to say anything in 15 seconds.(Huh? So short?? I wonder why we had to do that....)Anyway....it was great on that day but... kind of very crowned like fish in the ice box.(I heared that there were more people to be crown at evening)><; Well, I enjoyed myself after all and guess what I got from the group for the Wat programme, there were small towel and the toothpaths of couse.(I doubt it was better than getting nothing at all for the particular)

No comments: