Saturday, 8 December 2007

I-Gap progamme:Free Medicate check-up

On Saturday morning (8/12/2007) I was supposed having WAT(walk and talk) programme with the elderly. But instead, I had to be there at North Bridge Road for the medicate check-up as the volunteer this time.
Before that, one of the members of the I-Gap asked me in SMS(short message send) whether I could do either in the morning shift(9:30AM~12:30PM), afternoon shift(12:30~4:00PM) or both shifts as they needed more people to do for whole day. But since I had one coming up for the evening concert so I chose the morning shift instead.On the reminder, that was said that we had to wear I-Gap T-shirt on that that day. But before I gone there the next morning, that was message and this time it was last minture said that I had be there by 8:45AM for the morning shift until 1:30PM. Oh man......-~-''
Never mind of that, when I went there, I didn't see where were they so I had to go round to look for them. Luckily, the auntie told me that they had heath check at another block so I went over there and found them indeed.
The only point was that we had to sever elderly needed and other people by 10AM. So we arranged the chairs while the people had to wait for their Q-number. The Q-number was written on the particular forms so that they could write down these forms as well as they had to wait their turn for check-up.But.... some chairs were not enough to sit for others so we had to take more chairs from upstairs the room centre.Besides that, there were some of the volunteers brought the goodies, drinks and biscuits for those who gone for check-up.
By ten, we started our duties on different position stations. I supposed to guild the visitors to their seats. Instead, I rather helped them to fill their forms as some of the volunteers were quite busy. I asked for pen before writing for one of the elderly who didn't what to write like some of the older elders. It was long queen of people and we had to sever them in fast and order manner. Although it was quite a mass but still we had to do our duties. After the short time of severing, I was quite bored so one of the members of the I-Gap asked me to go around and promate others for the free health check.Uh..... I did tried through.... -_-(...)
Besides, I went around chat some of the volunteers and also helping them to look after the stations. During the time of my shift, I had to help this elderly man who had some kind of problem with his legs as he held his churches. So each time was his turn, I had to remind volunteer that he needed to check-up as he had his number just miss. So he had first check his height and weight but couldn't do that after awhile.Next, I had to bring him over to take his blood test.After that, the nurse asked him to take the X-ray for his chest. And I had to take him to the bus where the X-ray machine was. there was few people waited their turn and the male nurse asked them for their IC for the refer. One problem...... This uncle didn't bring his IC. So I had to run down for the form. But in the end... I had to ask him for his age so that I could count backware. Well one volunteer said that I should ask him for his age before count the years. Since she counted the year then I had to tell this nurse about the age so he could type keys into the laptop. After the X-ray, I had to pass the goodies and the drinks for him and his son who was waited for him to do finish.
After long time, it was time for a break. Some had to take lunch as they had to do the whole shifts. As for me, I had the waffle with chocolates to eat. ^_^
By one o'clock, a few people had to be sever at one time. So..... not much to do. XO When I wanted to drop dead as I was quite bored after that. Well.... that was what some volunteer's would say: "Take it easy as complements." Ok, that made me sight indeed..... -A-''
After that, I had to pass the name tag to one of the members in change and went back home for lunch.And I had to take shower before off for the concert. After all, it was fine experiences I had so far. Maybe next walk should be excise for everyone before end of the programme. ^_^V
Next month I would write about the WAT programme.

No comments: